Chicken and Potato Piccata
- 1 1/3 lbs (4 medium) Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 4 (6 ounces each) boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or bouillon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes with tines of fork; micro-bake on HIGH 6 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes; cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray; heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place potatoes in skillet cut sides down; cook, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Mix in onions, 1 tablespoon each of the lemon juice and peel, and the basil; cook and toss 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Spray skillet once again with vegetable cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook about 10 minutes until chicken juices run clear, turning once. Raise heat to medium-high; deglaze skillet with broth, scraping up any bits left on bottom of pan; stir in parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon peel.
- Season with salt and pepper. Return potatoes to skillet; toss to heat through.
13.4% calories from fat.
Yield: 4 servings
Sodium: 213 g
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 3.5 g
Protein: 44 g
Cholesterol: 99 mg
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)