Burrata Baby Idaho® Potato Chips
Chef Amy pairs classic Italian cheese with Idaho® Peewee potato chips to tweak an American comfort food – chips and dip. A sprinkling of lemony poppy, mustard seeds and chives provides a flavor bridge between the two.
- 4 cups canola oil or other oil suitable for deep-frying
- 4 multicolored Peewee potatoes from Idaho, unpeeled, sliced paper thin on a mandoline and soaked in cold water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound burrata, chopped into very small pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon La Boîte Coquelicot® No. 24 spice mix (contains lemon, poppy seeds and mustard seeds)
- 1/4 pound microgreens or herbs
- Preheat oil to 275°F in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Drain potato slices from water and dry well. Fry in oil in batches until light golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a sheet tray lined with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a ring mold (2 inches wide, 1 inch tall) on a serving plate and fill with about 1/2 cup burrata. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper, then sprinkle with minced chives and spice mix. Carefully remove mold. Place about 12 to 15 fried potato chips on top and garnish with microgreens or herbs.