Breakfast Potato Timbale
- ½ pound baby red Idaho® potatoes, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper plus more to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Monterrey Cheese
- ½ tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 slices (about ½ ounce each) slow cooked uncured ham
- 2 large eggs
- sea salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon chives, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Heat over medium heat and let boil for 25 minutes or until they begin to peel.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain.
- Peel potatoes and discard skins.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes and add milk butter, garlic salt, pepper, green onions and cheese. Continue mashing until all ingredients have combined. Set aside
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Carefully crack an egg on oil and fry to your preference. Repeat with second egg. Set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Fry ham slices about 30 seconds on each side.
- Using a biscuit cutter, shape mashed potatoes to biscuit shape and size and place on a serving plate. Repeat with remaining mashed potatoes.
- Place two ham slices and one fried egg on top of each potato timbale.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Yield: 2 servings