- 5 pounds thinly sliced Idaho® russet potatoes
- 24 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 5 pounds shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 5 large onions, thinly sliced
- 8 green peppers, diced
- 3 (9.6 ounce) packages fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 3 (11 ounce) packages reduced sodium turkey bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- Loaf of whole wheat or whole grain sandwich bread
- 2 1/2 cups light sour cream, optional
- Spray a 6-inch deep hotel pan with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes evenly on bottom of pan.
- Add 1/4 of the cheese and 1/3 of the onions, peppers, sausage and bacon.
- Place bread slices on top of second layer. Repeat previous step for third layer.
- Place the eggs and milk in a large bowl and beat until well blended. Pour eggs evenly over the top, cover with remaining potatoes. Cover and bake 1 1/2 hours in a preheated 375°F oven or until potatoes are tender. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to absorb and for easier cutting.
- Serve hot with a dollop of low-fat sour cream (optional).
Yield: 40 servings - 3-inch by 2 1/2-inch square; 8 ounces
Sodium: 980 mg
Fat: 21 g
Carbs: 23 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 27 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg