Baked Potato with Eggplant Parmigiana Topping
- 3 qt. eggplant, diced (4 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 qt. green peppers, chopped (2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- 1 gal. plus 1 1/2 qt. diced tomatoes in puree
- 100 Idaho® potatoes (80 count)
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Saute eggplant in hot oil 10 minutes, add green peppers, garlic and seasoning.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; simmer uncovered 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve each baked Idaho Potato with 2 oz. of topping (1/4 c ladle).
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.