Bacon and Egg Idaho® Potato Salad with Greek Yogurt
- 20 pounds small yellow Idaho® potatoes
- 8 pounds bacon, cut into lardon (½” pieces)
- 16 large eggs
- 8 oz red wine vinegar
- 7 cups Greek yogurt
- 11 oz whole-grain mustard
- 18-24 scallions, thinly cut on the bias
- 4 medium red onion, small dice
- ⅓ - ½ cup sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the bacon in a skillet over low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes.
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and chop.
- Drain the potatoes (do not rinse), transfer to a baking sheet and let cool 6 to 8 minutes. When the potatoes can be handled, cut the potatoes into quarters. While still warm, place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the bacon, some of the bacon drippings, and diced hard-cooked eggs. Combine the mustard, red wine vinegar, sugar, scallions, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to mingle for about 3 hours in the refrigerator. Allow to come up to room temperature before serving.