Vegan Deviled Idaho® Red Potatoes
- 3 lbs Baby Red Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 C Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/3 C Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Smoked Paprika
- Chives, minced
- 1/2 C Aquafaba (liquid from 2 15-oz. cans of Chickpeas)
- 3/4 C Canola Oil
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
Tangy Tomato Jam
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Red Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 C Tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 3 T Plain Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 15 potatoes in half, lengthwise (about 2 pounds, depending on size). If needed, slice a thin piece off the bottoms so potatoes sit level with cut side up. Place on lightly greased sheet pan and brush tops with olive oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes just until centers are softened. Cool. Scoop out centers with a melon baller or scoop, leaving a rim to resemble egg halves. Reserve scooped potato for filling.
- Cook remaining potatoes in boiling salted water until soft. Drain. Cool slightly, remove skins while warm.
- Place aquafaba in a blender jar or immersion blender container. Blend until frothy.
- Gradually blend in canola oil, then olive oil until mixture is thickened and velvety. Season with salt and pepper.
Tangy Tomato Jam
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Saute onion and garlic on medium heat until translucent.
- Stir in tomato, sugar, vinegar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook stirring frequently until reduced by about half and mixture becomes a jam-like consistency.
- Stir in thyme and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup vegan mayonnaise, pickle relish, yellow mustard, and Worcestershire. Mix in scooped potato centers and boiled potato. Mash and mix until smooth. Add additional vegan mayonnaise if needed to make mixture firm yet pipe-able, like deviled egg filling.
- Transfer mixture to piping bag with a star tip. Pipe generously into scooped potato shells. Dust tops with paprika. Bake or cover well and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes until filling sets slightly and is warm. Garnish with Tangy Tomato Jam. Serve warm.