Spicy Potatoes/Patatas Bravas
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 oz onions
- 8 oz carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz celery
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 lb Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, garlic, celery and paprika and cook 10 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 3 minutes, add water and bring to boil. Reduced heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining olive oil in heavy large skillet.
- Add potatoes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes into a hot serving dish and pour the sauce over.