Salad of Artichoke and Potato with Barigoule Vinaigrette, Ham Hock and Garlic Aioli
- 8 ea medium artichokes
- 2 ea carrots, slices 1/4" thick
- 1/4 ea onion julienne
- 4 ea slices smoked bacon
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea lemons
- 8 ea cloves of garlic
- 1 qt water
- 1 head frisee
- 2 bunch watercress
- 1 ea medium Idaho potato
- 1 qt frying oil
- 8 ea smoked ham hocks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 2 ea cloves of garlic (maybe 3)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 ea egg yolks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz water
- Make lemon water
- Turn the artichokes
- Braise the artichokes in all the oil with the bacon, onions, garlic and carrots until tender
- Remove the artichokes and the vegetables, reserve with the bottoms.
- Whisk the oil slowly into the finely minced garlic and egg yolk
- Let sit overnight, thin with water.
- Boil the ham hocks until tender, about 2 hours. Reserve.
- Cut the potatoes into batonnet 1% X 1/4 X 1 1/2 " (French fry cut)
- Blanch at 275 degrees until tender, drain and reserve.
- To assemble, refry the potatoes at 375 degrees until golden and crisp.
- Reheat the ham hocks in the fryer crisp skin.
- Place the hock on the plate.
- Place the artichoke on the salad of frisee and watercress drizzled with olive oil and lemon.
- Drizzle with the aioli.