Roasted Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette
- 3 each ripe, mid size tomatoes
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 TBS garlic, minced
- 1 TBS sweet-hot mustard
- 4 each egg yolks
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chiffanade of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt, Kosher
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups salad oil
- Roast the tomatoes in a 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes; remove and promptly cool.
- Once the tomatoes are cool, peel and seed them. Cut the tomatoes into 1/2" pieces.
- Place tomatoes, shallots, garlic, mustard, egg yolks and vinegar into a stainless steel bowl and mix thoroughly. Slowly add 2/3rds of the oil, add the salt and pepper, then add the basil. Add the last 1/3rd of the oil. Clean the basil from the whip. Check for proper salt and pepper seasoning.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before using.