Ripped Idaho® Potatoes
Serve with lamb or steak entree
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cups canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Grana Padano Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400°F and position a rack in top third of the oven.
- Wash potatoes with a stiff brush and cold running water. Dry. Coat the potatoes with one tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake potatoes for approximately 50 minutes, or until potato completely cooked through (timing depends on size of the potato). Cool potatoes overnight (great use for a leftover baked potato).
- When you are ready to prepare the potatoes, heat canola oil in a sauce pot to 375°F.
- Leaving the skin on, rip the potatoes into medium to small bits.
- Deep fry potato shreds in canola oil for 2 minutes. Remove from oil and refrigerate until serving.
- When ready to serve, re-fry the potatoes in the canola oil for 1 minute, until crisp.
- Remove from fryer and place in a large bowl. Toss the potatoes with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley, reserving one teaspoon for garnish, and half of the grated cheese, tossing lightly.
- Place potatoes in a serving dish and sprinkle the top with remaining parsley and cheese.