Potato, Onion and Cauliflower Latkes
- 1 Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 Cups cauliflower florets
- 4 Idaho baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Canola oil for frying
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse a few times until the cauliflower resembles a rice texture. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion to the food processor and pulse a few times until the onion is very finely chopped and add to the mixing bowl.
- Replace the steel blade with a shredding blade or attachment and feed the potato pieces through the tube until all are shredded. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, flour, salt, pepper and parsley to the mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. If liquid begins to form in the bowl, drain it out with a spoon.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan and add scoopfuls of the mixture to form pancakes. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream or Greek style yogurt.