Potato Gratin with Wisconsin Blue Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 2/3 cup h alf and half
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 lb Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 3 oz butter
- 6 oz Wisconsin blue cheese
- Mix the eggs, half and half, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg together to make a custard.
- Slice the Idaho Potatoes thin and mix with custard.
- Grease a half hotel pan with butter and place potatoes in pan.
- Pour custard over until just covered.
- Bake covered with foil at 350°F until tender. Let cool and cut with rounded cutter.
- Top with Wisconsin Blue Cheese and warm in a hot oven until the potatoes are warm and the cheese is melted.
Yield: 12 servings
Sodium: 306 mg
Fat: 17.8 g
Protein: 9.1 g
Cholesterol: 117 mg