Potato Goat Cheese Gratin with Chipotle Cream
- 4 pounds + 8 ounces baked Russet potatoes
- 1-3/8 teaspoons salt
- 1-3/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 11 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetarian broth
- 1-2/3 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1-2/3 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon chipotle peppers in sauce
- 11 ounces Montrachet white goat cheese
- 8-1/4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-1/2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch chunks.
- Place potatoes in pot with enough water to cover completely. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are about half done. Drain and remove from pot.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sour cream with the broth and stir to combine. Add the garlic and sauce only from the chipotle peppers.
- Spray H-2 pan with food release.
- Arrange 1-1/2 pounds of potatoes in bottom of pan. Pour 6 ounces of the sauce mixture over the potatoes.
- Slice goat cheese and arrange 8 ounces over top of potatoes.
- Place another 1-1/2 pounds of potatoes over cheese and pour 6 ounces more of sauce over all.
- Sprinkle top with 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese and 2.5 ounces of Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until potatoes are done and cheese on top is lightly golden brown (30 to 35 minutes).
- Serve immediately or hold at 150°F until needed.