Patatas Bravas Recipe
Ingredients: Pimentón Aïoli
- 9 egg yolks
- 150 grams garlic confit
- 50 grams Dijon mustard
- 1,500 grams grapeseed oil
- Ice water, as needed
- 20 grams garlic, microplaned
- 20 grams kosher salt
- 15 grams hot pimentón
Ingredients: Patatas Bravas
- 10 (80-count) Idaho® Russet Potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons hot pimentón
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pimentón Aïoli (see recipe)
- Microgreens for garnish
Directions: Pimentón Aïoli
- Put yolks, garlic confit and mustard into a food processor and purée until smooth.
- With the processor running, slowly stream in the oil to create an emulsion, adding a small amount of ice water to keep it from breaking.
- Once all the oil is emulsified, transfer the mixture to a metal bowl and whisk in the microplaned garlic, salt and pimentón. Store in an airtight container.
Directions: Patatas Bravas
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Thinly slice the potatoes using a mandoline (do not slice into water).
- Toss the potatoes with the clarified butter, pimentón and salt.
- Layer in a half sheet tray, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and gently press overnight in refrigerator by placing another half sheet tray on top and weighing it down with cans if needed.
- Heat the oil to 350°F in a deep-fryer or in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot.
- Cut layered potatoes into 1-inch squares and deep-fry in oil until crispy.
- Just before serving, garnish each portion with a dollop of aïoli and microgreens.