Parmesan, Potato and Tortilla Encrusted Tilapia with Tropical Salsa
- For the fish:
- 1/2 cup Fresh Gourmet® Tri-Colored Tortilla Strips (crushed)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium-sized Idaho® potato (shredded)
- 4 (6 ounces) Tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cooking Spray
- For the Tropical Salsa:
- 1/2 cup diced grilled pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced grilled mango
- 1/4 cup diced grilled onion
- 1/2 grilled jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Dash cayenne
- Dash ground cumin
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- Salt to taste
- In a plastic bag, combine crushed Fresh Gourmet® Tortilla Strips, Parmesan cheese and shredded Idaho® potato. Rub both sides of the Tilapia fillets generously with the mayonnaise.
- Place one fillet at a time in the plastic bag and shake to coat with the mixture.
- Fry in a sprayed pan until the potatoes are a light gold on each side.
- Finish in a 325º oven 5 - 8 min. until the fish reaches a temperature of 145º.
- While the fish is cooking, assemble the salsa ingredients. Serve on top of the Tilapia.
- ** You can double the salsa recipe, and serve with tortilla chips
Yield: 4 servings