Leg of Lamb with Sautéed Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 russet Idaho® potatoes
- 5 pounds de-boned leg of lamb meat (8 ounce portions)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 pound spinach, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces red wine sauce, or your favorite meat sauce
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing of your choice (or oil & vinegar)
- Marinated lamb in garlic, rosemary, thyme and olive oil.
- Cooked the potatoes, skin on. Peel and crumble.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Grill or roast until internal temperature of 135°F - Medium rare. Set aside to rest.
- Sauté the onion, potato, spinach and garlic in the butter until spinach is soft and wilted. Season to taste.
- Turn off the heat. Add the feta cheese. This mixture will be semi-dry. Cool.
- Shape the potato mixture in the shape of small disks the size of silver dollars. Make sure the cakes are firm.
- Reheat to 350°F oven when ready to serve.
- Garnish with watercress.
- Slice the lamb evenly on top of the potato feta lake. Sauce the plate and dress the watercress