Idaho® Potato Truffle Fries
- 35 pounds fryer oil
- 30 pounds rendered beef fat
- 50 pound box of Idaho® russets (60 count)
- 1 bottle truffle oil (La Truffiere or Urbani white truffle oil, preferred) - Pour truffle oil into a spritzer / spray bottle
- 5 pounds fresh ground Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 pound chopped chives
- Salt, fine
- Waxed delicatessen paper - Approximately 15" X 10 3/4" sheets
- Combine fryer oil and rendered beef fat.
- Heat the fryer to 275° F.
- Cut the potatoes on the fry cutter with 3/26" blade and place in water.
- Remove potatoes from water; shake off excess water and dry.
- Blanch the potatoes in oil.
- Cool blanched potatoes on sheet pans. (Potatoes may be refrigerated until service)
- Raise fryer heat to 350° F.
- Drop 2 handfuls of fries at a time into 350° F oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Lift fry basket and let excess oil drain.
- Place fries in to a large mixing bowl. Spritz with truffle oil; sprinkle with fine salt, chives and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Remove from mixing bowl and place on a piece of waxed delicatessen paper. Roll up fries in paper and place standing in a pint-sized glass.