Idaho® Potato Quiche
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 ounces ham, chopped
- Frisée salad, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Prick potatoes with fork. Fill small sheet pan with 4 cups kosher salt; place potatoes on salt. Bake until a knife easily pierces potatoes, 40 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and cool; reduce oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and egg yolk with a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg; whisk in milk and cream.
- With a sharp knife, slice off top 1/4 inch of cooled potatoes; scoop out insides, leaving 1/4 inch of potato all around to form a shell. (Reserve inside of potato for mashed potatoes or another use.)
- Return potato shells to salt on sheet pan. Divide cheese and ham among potatoes and then add egg mixture.
- Carefully return potatoes to oven; bake at 350ºF until eggs are softly set, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve as an entrée with frisée salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.