Idaho® Potato Lasagna of Wild Mushrooms with Herb Sauce
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes, sliced into 3" X 1-1/2" rectangles (16 slices)
- 8 ounces butter, divided
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces chanterelles, chopped (optional)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 6 ounces nage (celery broth)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 ounce diced Roma tomatoes
- Place potato slices in a single layer on a sheet pan with 2 ounces butter and bake at 350ºF until soft.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 ounces butter, then add the shallot.
- In a saucepan, reduce the nage by one quarter and transfer to a blender. Add the remaining 4 ounces of butter, blend to emulsify. Stir in chopped parsley and keep warm.
- To assemble each serving: Place one potato slice at the bottom of a deep soup plate. Alternately layer the mushroom mixture and three additional potato slices, finishing with a potato slice. Drizzle each portion with sauce and garnish with Roma tomatoes.