Idaho® Potato Breakfast Bake
- 1 large Idaho® potato, baked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Wash Idaho® potato and pierce 2 or 3 times with a fork or sharp knife; bake 30-40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Lay the baked potato on its side and use a knife to carefully cut off the top third of the potato.
- With a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a “bowl” leaving the potato as thick or thin as you would like. The more room you leave the more room for eggs, bacon and cheese.
- Place tablespoon of butter in the middle of potato “bowl.”
- Gently break an egg into potato “bowl”, careful not to break the yolk.
- Top with bacon, cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream and pico de gallo.