- 10 lbs shredded Idaho® Potato
- 3 lbs frozen chopped spinach
- 6 lbs frozen peas
- 15 oz mild green chili(canned)
- 8 oz cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 oz vegetable soup base
- 5 tablespoons ground fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Chaat Masala
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 qts Heinz Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 oz canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- Puree in food processor the spinach, peas, green chili, spices salt and cornstarch.
- Mix this mixture into shredded potatoes and add the vegetable base and baking powder.
- Form 1 oz balls into Tikki shape(canoe shape)by hand.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until slightly past golden brown. Served with Spicy Ketchup or Mango Chutney.
- Toast spices in oil till fragrant, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook till brown.
- Add Ketchup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and puree in food processor.
- Serve at room temperature.
Desert Valley Medical Center