Grilled Crispy Idaho® Potato Wedges
"The potatoes in this dish are like a grilled spicy steak fry. The mustard caramelizes as the olive oil flavors the Idaho potato, which takes on the flavors and gets crisp and dry while remaining fluffy and light inside. It's wonderful!" - Waldy Malouf
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes (12 to 14 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bake or microwave the potatoes until almost cooked. Cut the partially cooked potatoes length-wise into 4 wedges each (total of eight).
- In a bowl mix together the mustard, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat the wedges with the mustard mix.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grill surface.
- Add the potatoes and cover the grill. Check every 5 minutes, turning the wedges to brown on all sides. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy
Yield: 4 servings
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
Hyde Park, NY