Chickpea, Idaho® Potato and Cauliflower Curry
This hearty curry recipe is vegetarian yet super filling.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 pounds red Idaho® potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ of a large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 serrano chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Optional garnish: fresh cilantro, sour cream, or yogurt
- Chop cauliflower into 2˝ pieces.
- Scrub the potatoes and chop into 1˝ pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear cauliflower and potatoes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Adjust heat to medium-low. Add coconut oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add onion and cook until translucent. Add ginger and garlic, and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, peanut butter, garam masala, mustard powder, and sliced chilies. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in cauliflower, potatoes, chickpeas and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Garnish and serve over brown rice.