Carrot Cake Idaho® Potato Truffles
While your guests may never suspect that there are mashed potatoes in their truffles, the potatoes bind the tasty spiced carrot cake truffles together and give them a buttery flavor.
- 9 1/2 ounces carrots (about 2 medium-sized carrots)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed Idaho® potatoes (make from scratch with your favorite buttery family recipe or use Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes), room temperature
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or finely diced dried pineapple for topping
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse carrots until finely diced.
- Pulse in almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and fold in mashed potatoes.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll balls in your choice of topping(s) – chopped nuts, coconut, cinnamon sugar, and/or diced dried pineapple.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.