Carrot Cake Potato Truffles
While your guests may never suspect that there are mashed potatoes in their truffles, the potatoes bind the tasty spiced carrot cake truffles together and give them a buttery flavor.
- 9 1/2 ounces carrots (about 2 medium-sized carrots)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed Idaho® potatoes (make from scratch with your favorite buttery family recipe or use Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes), room temperature
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or finely diced dried pineapple for topping
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse carrots until finely diced.
- Pulse in almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and fold in mashed potatoes.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll balls in your choice of topping(s) – chopped nuts, coconut, cinnamon sugar, and/or diced dried pineapple.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.