Broccoli and Cheese Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 pound Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cubed (roughly 2 large potatoes)
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened and cut into 8 pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add the potatoes and garlic cloves. Cool until soft but not overdone, roughly 12-15 minutes. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl (or by hand with a potato masher), beat the cooked potatoes until mashed and smooth (do not overbeat). Beat in the butter and salt until completely incorporated then slowly beat in the milk. Stir in the broccoli and cheese. Serve immediately.