Arugula Salad with Crisp Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 lb Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 medium bunches arugula (about 7 oz), thick stems removed, washed and dried
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shave
- Preheat the oven to 500° F. or preheat the grill. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes out in one layer on a non-stick baking sheet (or one lined with a nonstick liner). Roast until browned on one side, about 9 minutes, then turn and roast until browned on the other side, about 5 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot and salt and pepper to taste. Reserve about 18 potato slices for garnish. Place the rest of the potatoes in a large bowl, top with the arugula, and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss well and serve, garnishing each plate with the reserved potato slices and shaved Parmesan.
Yield: Serves 6
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
Hyde Park, NY