Pommes Rösti with Lox
Ingredients: Pommes Rösti
- 24 ounces Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 24 ounces Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 3 ounces potato starch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 Pommes Rösti (see recipe)
- Seasoning salt blend (salt, pepper, thyme, orange zest, rosemary), to taste
- 12 ounces crème fraîche
- 12 ounces small tomatoes
- 6 teaspoon lemon vinaigrette
- 18 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 30 slices
- 1 1/2 ounce red onion, shaved and rinsed
- 6 tablespoon smoked trout roe
- 6 tablespoon capers, fried
- Fresh dill leaves for garnish
- Lemon zest for garnish
Directions: Pommes Rösti
- Preheat combination oven to 212°F, with 100% humidity.
- Peel the Yukon Golds, then process in a food processor with the grating attachment. Weigh 24 ounces of grated potato and submerge in cold water.
- Repeat process with the Russets and submerge in a separate container of cold water. Rinse both sets of potatoes 3 to 5 times, until all the starch is removed and the water rinses clear.
- Drain both sets of potatoes and combine them; continue to drain until all excess water has dripped off.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with the potato starch and mix well to combine and coat.
- Weigh the potatoes into 8-ounce portions and loosely pack into 6-inch ring molds.
- Working quickly to prevent oxidation, steam the formed rösti in the combination oven about 6 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, place in the freezer and reserve.
- Heat the oil to 375°F in a deep-fryer. Remove a rösti from the freezer and place into the deep-fryer. Fry on one side for 90 seconds, flip the rösti and fry on the other side for 60 seconds, then flip back over and continue frying until the entire rösti is a light golden brown.
- Season rösti with seasoning salt blend and place on serving plate.
- Place dollops of crème fraîche around the fried rösti.
- Cut tomatoes in half and lightly dress them with vinaigrette.
- Place dressed tomatoes centered on top of the fried rösti.
- Curl 5 salmon slices and place them on the rösti, next to the crème fraîche and around the tomatoes.
- Place the red onion on top of the tomatoes. Place a spoonful of smoked trout roe on top of the onion.
- Garnish the rösti with the fried capers, dill leaves and lemon zest, and serve immediately.