- 3 pounds red potatoes, B size (1-1/2 to 2-1/4-inch diameter)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
Ingredients for one Omelet
- 2-3 free-range eggs
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Boil potatoes until soft; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan. Mash with butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix in cream until potatoes are nearly smooth. Keep warm.
- For each omelet, whisk eggs, then cook in a lightly oiled 8" non-stick skillet on medium heat. Keep eggs moving with a fork or spatula to make a creamy omelet.
- Cover one-half of the omelet with a portion of mashed potatoes, the bacon and cheddar cheese. Fold other half over the filling. Turn out onto serving plate.
- Garnish with sour cream.