To Prepare the Moroccan BBQ Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce by half.
- Strain through a chinos or cheesecloth and set aside. You will have more sauce than you need for this dish.
To Prepare the Scaffion Coulis
- Blanch the chopped scallions in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Place the blanched scallions in a food processor with the olive oil and chicken stock and puree until smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to a saucepan and add the butter, salt and pepper. Heat, stirring constantly, until well combined. Set aside and keep warm.
To Prepare the Curry Oil
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the peanut oil in a heavy saucepan. Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the reaming oil) and sauté over very low heat, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and simmer for an additional 10 minutes over very low heat. Allow the ingredients to settle to the bottom of the pan. Strain the oil through a cheesecloth or coffee filter, leaving the sediment in the pan. Set aside.
To Prepare the Potatoes
- Heat the Curry Oil to 275°F in a heavy saucepan. Blanch the French fries in the oil for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- While still warm, line 4 ring molds with the French fries, packing them tightly against each other in the shape of a charlotte. Reserve the curry oil for later use.
To Prepare the Filling
- Process the scallops in a food processor until pureed. Remove to a bowl and slowly add the softened butter. Season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Fold in the crabmeat.
- Shape this mixture into 4 crab cakes and coat with flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Set 1 crab cake into each French fry charlotte. Heat the reserved Curry Oil to approximately 325°F. Place the charlottes in the hot oil and fry for about 4 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp and the crab cakes are warmed through.
- Unmold the charlottes onto serving plates. Garnish with fried cilantro and pink peppercorns. Spoon some Curry Oil around the plates and drizzle with the Moroccan BBQ sauce and Scallion Coulis in an attractive manner.