Vegan Potato Burger
Potato burgers with sundried tomato and basil are baked until crispy for a healthy vegan dinner.
See Cheryl's full post, including more photos, here!
- 2 pounds Idaho® Yukon gold potatoes (4-5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Baked for 40 minutes, or until easily pierced with a knife. Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool. Carefully remove thin skin and discard.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic and cook until soft, about 6–8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, smash beans and potatoes with a potato masher, then add sundried tomatoes, basil, onion/garlic mixture, salt and pepper.
- Using a half-cup measure or scoop, portion 6 burgers and form into patties.
- Place patties on a lightly oiled, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake an additional 8 minutes.