Yellow Idaho® Potato Duchess Sides
- 5 pounds of Yellow Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup half and half, plus a splash for the egg wash
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- Drain in a colander, let sit 5 minutes, and then return to the pot.
- Add your butter, 3 egg yolks and cream, and then mash until smooth enough to add to a potato ricer, and then rice until extra smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and lightly butter paper or use a baking mat.
- Fill a piping bag with the potatoes and create 8 equal mounds on the sheet, and then use the back of a spoon to create a well. Freeze for 10-15 minutes, or until firm.
- Whisk together remaining egg yolk and a splash of half and half, then brush the wash onto the potatoes and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.