West Town Tavern Potato Chips with Parmesan, Rosemary, Balsamic Syrup and White Truffle Oil
- 1 pound Idaho® russet potatoes, unpeeled.
- 1 gallon canola oil, for deep-frying.
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic syrup, recipe below
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 quart balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dark-brown sugar
- Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Using mandoline, slice potatoes crosswise into slices 1/16-inch thick.
- Heat canola oil to 350°F. Deep-fry potatoes until crisp and golden. Drain potatoes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with balsamic syrup and white-truffle oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary. Season chips with salt and pepper. Toss well to distribute seasonings. Serve immediately.
- Combine vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until reduced by three-quarters. Let cool before using; reserve refrigerated.
- Note: Balsamic syrup may be made a week ahead of service.