Turkey Pot Pie
- Pie crust dough or refrigerated pie crust
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped fresh vegetables
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups cooked, chopped turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 425° F
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes)
- Add onions and vegetables and cook until they begin to tenderize. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add broth and milk, stirring until smooth and thick. Stir in turkey.
- Spoon mixture into 6-inch skillets or ramekins. Roll out pie crust and cut circles to fit over the top of each pot pie. Crimp edges to seal, and cut a vent in the top of each pie to release steam.
- Brush the crust with beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes. Cover each pie with foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.