Tacos for breakfast? You bet! Especially when all the breakfast favorites – fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, and Idaho® Potatoes – are tucked inside.
- 8 oz. applewood smoked bacon (8 slices), diced
- 4 oz. red pepper (1 whole), roasted
- 2 oz. jalapeño pepper (1 large)
- 1 lb. Idaho® russet potatoes (2 medium), (½ in. diced)
- 4 oz. red onion (1 small), chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 24 flour tortillas (8-9 in. size), warmed
- 2 lb., 10 oz.* eggs (24 large), beaten
- 12 oz. smoked white cheddar cheese, shredded
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
- Crisp cook bacon; drain and reserve 3 tablespoons bacon drippings. Keep bacon warm.
- Finely dice roasted red pepper; reserve.
- Slice jalapeño pepper lengthwise; reserving half of seeds. Mince pepper.
- Cook potatoes in reserved bacon drippings in nonstick skillet until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 to 4 four minutes until soft.
- Add peppers; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in bacon; keep warm.
- Add eggs to pan. Cook and scramble eggs until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- To serve, portion about ½ cup egg mixture onto each tortilla. Top with ½ oz. cheese. Roll up tortilla. Serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).