- 2 lbs Idaho® golden russet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon peanut or other oil
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 can black-eyed peas, 16 oz., drained
- 1 each frozen collards or turnip greens, 12 oz.
- 2 each eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper mixture
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup yellow fine cornmeal
- Peanut Sauce (yield 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- Heat peanut oil in sauté pan and add onion. Heat until onion is slightly brown. Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds on low heat. Add the peas and collards and cook through adding salt & pepper to season. Remove from heat and add the mashed potatoes.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix well together.
- Add the other ingredients to the bowl (except the cornmeal) and mix well. Season and adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate the mixture until firm. When cold form into 3-4 oz. patties. Roll each patty in cornmeal. Place on a non-stick sheet pan or one that is covered with baking paper. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When brown remove.
- Serve on Southern Angel biscuits with peanut dressing and Southern potato salad.
- Mix all ingredients together in food processor until well blended.