Schmaltz Roasted Potatoes with Crispy Capers and Parsley
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho® Russian Banana Potatoes
- ½ cup schmaltz, warmed to liquid consistency
- As needed flaky sea salt
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed and drained well
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Rinse potatoes and slice lengthwise into halves.
- Drizzle a half sheet tray with 2 tablespoons of schmaltz. Toss potatoes in the remaining schmaltz and season lightly with flaky sea sat.
- Lay potatoes onto the tray with the cut sides down. Pour any schmaltz remaining in the bowl over the potatoes. Sprinkle the capers around the potatoes.
- Roast potatoes and capers at 450 degrees F until the potatoes are tender and well-browned on the cut sides.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the potatoes, capers, and any residual schmaltz to a bowl. Toss with the parsley leaves and lemon juice and serve immediately.