Rustic Tuscan Idaho® Potato and Crab Hash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 white anchovy, chopped
- 2 ounces black olives- quality, pitted and rough chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ounce capers- rinsed
- Kosher salt-to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 pound Idaho® russet potatoes, large dice
- 1 small white onion, medium dice
- 1 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounce portabella mushrooms- large dice
- 5 ounces Roma tomatoes- large dice
- 2 ounce white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 5 ounce lump crabmeat, cleaned and shells removed
- In a large sauté pan, add half the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the potatoes with a little salt and pepper. Allow the potatoes to slowly brown. Cook halfway through. Remove the potatoes from the pan, and lay them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the same sauté pan, add the remaining oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and anchovies. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Sauté the mix for 3 minutes, just enough to par-cook the mushrooms.
- Turn the heat on high and add the wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, olives, capers and tomatoes. Cook for 4-6 minutes; stiffing occasionally. Add the herbs and the potatoes back to the pan. Sauté until the potatoes are tender. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat, toss just enough to incorporate into the dish and heat through. Try to keep the crab in large pieces. Serve.