Red Potato Cotija Boats with Hard-Boiled Eggs and Jalapeño
- 10 Idaho® red potatoes
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- sea salt to taste
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 jalapeños, diced
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cook until tender, approximately 12 minutes. Drain. Cool in a bowl with cold water.
- In a medium pan over low-medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Remove cooled potatoes from water. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. With a small spoon or melon baller, carefully remove small amount of center. Leaving ¼ inch rim around each potato. Place reserved potato in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Add Cotija cheese, cooked onions and garlic, sour cream, and salt to the reserved potato. Mix with a fork, pressing firmly to mash.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into each potato half and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Top each potato with jalapeño, hard-boiled egg pieces and a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper.