Red Chile Glaze
- Heat the oil in a medium sace pan. Medium chop and add the red pepper, Guajillo chile, garlic cloves and shallot. Cook until soft. Add the cider and reduce to a 1/2 cup. Add honey and stock. Let it simmer to 1/2 puree, pass through a fine chinoise and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Note: 4 oz. of glaze will be needed for this sauce.
Potato and Roasted Chestnut Puree
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a medium pot and cover them with cold water. Let them come to a boil and cook until soft. Transfer them to a colander and let them rest for 3 minutes.
- In a medium size pot, place the olive oil and cook over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft. Add chestnuts, thyme, bay leaf, potatoes and garlic. Turn the flame very low and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the fire and keep aside in a worm place for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and thyme. Pass potato mixture through a food mill or ricer. Add the butter and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the potato into a pastry bag and keep warm until needed.
Red Chile Demi-Glaze
- Combine all three ingredients and simmer to 3/4. Season with salt and pepper. Keep hot.
Method and Presentation
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper. Brush them with olive oil and grill on medium heat until medium rare. When almost done, brush them with the red chile glaze.
- Pipe the potatoes onto the center of each plate. Place the veal chop next to the potato and drizzle the sauce around the center.