Potato Rock Shrimp Cakes with Fresh Mango Fruit Salsa
- 15 cups (grated) Idaho® Potatoes, peeled, boiled and grated 6 pounds
- 3-1/2 cups peeled, seeded, diced tomatoes 1 lb. 10 oz.
- 3 cups peeled and broken shrimp 2 lbs.
- 3/4 cup cornstarch (4 ounces)
- 10 tablespoons finely chopped basil (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 6 large egg whites
- Oil for frying as needed
- 6 Peeled and sliced mangos
- 4 kiwifruit (2 1/2 ounces each)
- 7 1/2 ounces strawberries
- 7 1/2 ounces diced cantaloupe
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh taragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- Cook potatoes until tender in boiling, salted water.
- Grate using large holes of cheese grater. Set aside.
- Mix together tomatoes, shrimp, cornstarch, basil, cayenne, salt and potato. Toss to mix evenly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into potato mixture.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Form potato mixture into 2 oz. cakes and fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Place 3 cakes on a serving plate and garnish with fresh mango slices.
- Peel kiwifruit and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Cut in halves.
- Combine kiwifruit, strawberries, cantaloupe and tarragon in a medium bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil. Stir in shallots; saute until soft but not brown. Stir in raspberry vinegar to make hot dressing.
- Drizzle over fruit, toss gently to mix well. Hold refrigerated for 1/2 hours for flavors to blend.