Potato Fingers Bento Box
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Idaho® potatoes, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup shredded Munster cheese
- grapeseed oil for frying
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Heat over medium heat and let boil for 25 minutes or until they begin to peel.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain.
- Peel potatoes and discard skins.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes and add garlic salt, pepper and cheese. Continue mashing until all ingredients have combined.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of potato mixture and shape into 2-inch fingers.
- Set up a working station by placing beaten egg in a medium bowl and flour and breadcrumbs in separate plates.
- Place enough oil to cover in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Dredge potato fingers in flour, then dip in beaten egg, then cover with bread crumbs.
- Carefully place breaded “finger” in hot oil and fry for approximately 3 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Remove fried potato finger from hot oil and place in a paper towel-lined plate to absorb extra grease. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve in a bento box with Ketchup for dipping, salad greens, fruit and a hard-boiled egg.