- 3 pounds yellow onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 36 large eggs, or 2-1/4 quarts liquid egg
- 3/4 pound Idaho® Potato Chips (if unavailable, use favorite brand), lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup snipped chives
- Diced ham, cooked bacon, or sausage add-ins per order
- Snipped chives
- Potato Chips
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onions with butter and thyme in a large skillet over low heat until softened and light golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Per omelette: Whisk 3 eggs (about ¾ cup or 6 oz.) with 1 ounce (about 1/2 cup crushed) Potato Chips, 1/2 cup cooked onions and 1 tablespoon chives. Add choice of ham, bacon or sausage if desired.
- Heat an omelet pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Brush with melted butter or oil. Cook eggs, pushing cooked edges towards center to make a 5-inch circle, about 1-inch thick. Cook just until edges are set and center is still liquid. Cover and continue to cook on low heat or broil to finish, until puffed and lightly brown, about 1 minute.
Alternatively, pour eggs into a 5-inch diameter x1-inch deep egg ring and cook until done.
- Turn omelette out onto serving plate. Top with generous dollop of Top-the-Tator sauce and garnish with chives. Serve with chips.
- Stir together sour cream and remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.