- 4 lb. Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb./1 qt. grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. conventional/300°F. convection
- Lightly butter a half-size 3-in. deep steamtable pan. Sprinkle bottom of pan with garlic. Lay 1/3 of the potatoes in bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese. Add 1/3 more potatoes and top with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining potatoes.
- In saucepan heat cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg to almost a simmer; remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour warm mixture over top of potatoes. Top with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake Potato Dauphinoise on a sheetpan for 1-1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork and top is crusty brown. Remove from heat and let stand 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.