Mexican Cheesy Potato Bake
- 1 bag frozen diced Idaho® Potatoes
- 1.5-2 pounds flank steak
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 bag of cheese (flavor of your choice-pepper jack, cheddar, etc..)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1-2 limes
- Fresh Gourmet® Tri-Colored Tortilla Strips or Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Jalapeños
- In oven cook diced potatoes.
- Rub Mrs. Dash on flank steak. Brown in 2 tablespoons olive oil to desired doneness (rare/med. rare, etc..) Thinly slice done steak and set aside.
- Dice onion, tomatoes, and pepper. In the other 2 tablespoons olive oil cook the veggies with the garlic. (Add Mrs. Dash for more flavor if preferred). Cook veggies until slightly firm.
- Mix sour cream with the cheese, cilantro and the juice from the lime. Carefully fold the potatoes, meat and veggies. Then carefully fold in sour cream mixture. Place in 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle either Fresh Gourmet® Tortilla Strips (the tri-colored gives nice color to the dish) or the Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Jalapeños over the top (if desired you could place more cheese as well).
- Place in 350º oven for about 20 min.
- Serve with flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, or any of your other Mexican favorite side dishes