• 2 medium Idaho® potatoes, peeled & cubed
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• ½ tablespoon gochujang
• ½ tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• ½ teaspoon sweet onion, grated
• ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
• 3 pinches salt and pepper, divided
• ½ teaspoon chives, snipped
• 2 tablespoons sour cream
• 4 tablespoons thick sliced deli corned beef, chopped
• 4 tablespoons kimchi, chopped
• 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
• 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup rye cracker crumbs, finely crushed
• vegetable oil, for frying
1. Place the potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by at least 1 inch. Bring to a boil & cook until potatoes are tender. Drain & mash potatoes. Measure out 1 cup & place in a bowl. Reserve any remaining potatoes for another use.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the next 6 ingredients (from the mayonnaise through the horseradish) until combined. Stir in a pinch of salt & pepper. Sprinkle with chives. Cover with plastic wrap & chill until serving.
3. Add the sour cream, beef, kimchi, & another pinch of salt & pepper to the mashed potatoes. Mix well. Form mixture into 12 balls.
4. Place the Swiss cheese onto a microwave safe plate. Heat on high power for 15 seconds. Stir, then repeat 3-4 more times or until cheese is melted & smooth. Drain off any excess grease. Allow cheese to sit until cool enough to handle. Once cool enough to handle, grab off pieces of cheese to form approximately 1-inch balls. Flatten cheese in your hand & wrap around potato balls, pinching edges to seal. Reheat cheese at 10-15 second intervals if needed to maintain pliability.
5. Place the flour into a shallow dish & stir in another pinch of salt & pepper. In another dish beat the eggs. In a third dish, add the cracker crumbs. Dip each ball into the flour, then the eggs, then roll in crumbs. Place on a wire rack & allow to dry for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°. Line a large plate with paper towels. Fry potato bombs until golden brown on each side-about 30-45 seconds total time. Drain briefly on the paper towel lined plate, and then serve with the aioli.