- In a large saucepan over high heat add the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, bay leaves, thyme and water to cover potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until potatoes are still firm but yielding, about 5-7 minutes. They will not be cooked. Drain potatoes and let cool.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the oil and saute' the onion and bell pepper until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and Serrano and saute' until fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the fennel seed, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper and cumin. Scrape onion mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
- On the large hole of a box grater grate the cooled potatoes and add them to the onions. Add the peas and 1 tablespoon cilantro and stir well.
- At service, fry 1/2 cup portions of potato hash in a non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon canola oil until crispy and golden.
- Spoon potato mixture into taco shells and garnish with jicama, radish, avocado and cheddar cheese. Drizzle with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette and remaining cilantro and serve immediately.
Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle.