Create a celebration of tastes and textures with jalapeño-studded Monterey Jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream and your favorite ham stuffed in a baked potato.
- 4 Idaho® potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped or diced ham
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in a microwave-safe paper towel; arrange potatoes 1 inch apart. Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool to touch. Slice away skin from top of each potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Mash pulp.
- Place margarine in a 1-cup microwave-safe glass measure; microwave at HIGH 20 to 30 seconds, or until melted. Combine margarine, potato pulp, ham, cheese, sour cream, garlic salt and pepper, mixing well. Stuff potato shells with potato mixture.
- Place stuffed potatoes on paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.