Indian Spiced Roasted Potatoes With Green Chutney
- 3 pounds small yellow Idaho® Potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 hot green chili pepper, Serrano, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of ½ lemon (About 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 oz. queso fresco, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, blend together the garlic, ginger, salt, coriander, Garam Masala, cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon zest, and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quartered Idaho® Potatoes with the spices and olive oil. Toss until the potatoes are coated.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, distribute the potatoes evenly on the pan. Roast for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, giving a stir midway after about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the green chutney. In a blender or food processor, add the cilantro, chili pepper, salt, lemon juice, cumin, and olive oil. Pulse until pureed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you are pulsing the mixture. Add more olive oil if you'd like the sauce to be more fluid.
- When the potatoes are done, place them into a medium-sized baking dish. Distribute the cubed cheese evenly on top. Turn the broiler to high. Place the baking dish under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Spoon or drizzle the chutney on top. Serve hot.