Idaho® Russet Potato Johnnycakes
- 5 cups mashed Idaho® russet potatoes
- 5 cups yellow cornmeal
- 5 cups pancake mix, prepared as instructed
- 1 cup bacon, minced, par-cooked
- 1 cup sausage, finely crumbled, par-cooked
- Unsalted butter, as needed, for cooking
- ½ cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons whole clove
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 quarts ripe blueberries
- 2 cups Monin® blueberry purée
- Preheat griddle to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, pour mixture onto the hot griddle with melted butter. Cook until golden on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with pickled blueberries and a drizzle of the pickling liquid.
- Add bourbon, cinnamon, clove, allspice, sugar, vinegar and blueberries to a large saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, then chill under refrigeration.
- Once chilled, combine with blueberry purée and reserve until ready to use.